- I’m dreaming of a pink Christmas. It was decided yesterday that the holiday celebrations with the family will not be at my place, and so I feel freer in my choice of decorating scheme. Not that friends and family ever have an opinion, I just try to create a vibe not only for myself. This year though? I’ve always wanted to do a Christmas that was red,white and pink, and now it is happening. The fact that I fell for the Byredo candle, in the red container, that was just icing on the cake.
- I’m making a list, I’m checking it twice. I will be making a lot of list from now to the 24th of December; best holiday cocktails (having a variation on a drink with saffron in the pic as research), best books to give a presents, more giftguides; in short all of the lists. Any list in particular you want me to write?
- A partridge in a pear tree anyone? One of the few things I’m good at is buying presents for others, so make use of my expertise by asking for suggestions in the comments and I will try to help. And as mentioned; gift guides are coming.
- Last Christmas (I listened to Wham. I always do). #sorrynotsorry. This happens every year and has done so since childhood. Except that year that Sam Smith released a version of “Have yourself a Merry little Christmas”. Really that is your best hope at this point, a new release from Smith, otherwise I will drive you all mad. Just embrace the Wham people.
- I don’t feel like myself if I don’t get to watch Elf. I will also happily watch “Love, Actually”. I tell you, I have the cheesiest taste when it comes to this season.
- Outpourings of my creativity. This season brings out the best in me creatively, the inspiration is everywhere (I will stare at window displays all day). And now that there is a certain limitation of sorts , a framework I’ve created myself mind you, it’s kicking in big time. I find that having a bit of a constraint will improve my output. Be prepared for possible wreaths, ornaments and why not clothes? (I already have a Christmas skirt I made one year). Lotta Külhorn really is a role model in this.
- I will complain about the weather. One of the worst and best things with Christmas is that it happens during the coldest and darkest part of the year. I never seem to learn that it does.