I’m not saying it’s a heatwave yet but the weather has improved. I’m trying my best to get into a summer mood and books and attire are a part of that. These are a few of the things setting the tone for my life right now.
1.Nuxe oil. There is no getting around it, I love a bit of Nuxe in general and like so many the scent of their classic dry oil is a summer stapel. I was given a small bottle of their oil with shimmer in it and use that on hair and a little bit of everywhere for a nice glow. On top of a proper SPF obviously( La riche-posey Anthelios SPF 50 is my go to).
2.Sandals. The only time of year that you can wear them. I went with a very basic black sandal this year but it is an area where I have been known to be very colorful.
3. Hot pink lips and nails. The nail polish is “So there” from H&M(both on fingers and toes) and the lipstick is “Giacomo” from Tom Ford for daytime and “Electroclash” from H&M Beauty for evenings. I bought a nice tinted lip balm from Tom Ford earlier in the season but it was rubbish and just broke off and then I couldn’t apply it. I guess I should have gotten a little pot to put it in(it was expensive) but I was so pissed off that I just threw it in the bin. Only time I’ve had a bad experience with a product from that range.
4. Sunglasses. Obviously. These are a big pair of Jackie O style things I’ve actually have managed to hold onto since last year. I famously leave sunglasses and umbrellas all over the place and thus stick to inexpensive ones.
5. A big ring. This is something that I’ve made out of an old button but it looks the business. And as I don’t have to worry about gloves it’s the season to wear this in daytime.
6. Un jardin sur le Nil from Hermès. This is a very good scent for summer, almost a cologne but just enough of citrus and herbs to work in heat and yet be refreshing. It smells sweeter on me in summer which I like, still crisp, but softer than when I wear it during the rest of the year (it is s very good perfume if you work in an office environment where people are sensitive).
7. Crime novels. I don’t often read this genre but if I do it’s during June,July and August. I have read two Agatha Christie short stories, The return of Sherlock Holmes and some contemporary stuff, and I’m eyeing the shelves for more. I’ve received some great recommendations so we’ll see where I end up.