You probably have a big stack of unread books beside you. And possibly a list, mentally or on paper, about the books you want to buy in the future. Let me add to that.
I’m always on the look out for good suggestions and in the bookstagram-community we encourage and enable each other, in the best possible way of course. Here are some of the lists and round-ups I’ve seen around that you might want to look at for inspiration for further reading.
1. My own summer reading list published a while back: Not obvious choices for summer reading but good books all of them and stuff that doesn’t get much attention. I stand by it. Find the full list here.
2. Life in a cold climate’s fiction list: A few of these books I have already read, in fact I recommended one of them. In addition a someof them have gotten a vote of confidence from people who’s taste is equal to mine notably @biblibimbo and @anicegreenleaf so I will make an effort. I have zero interest in that Carver though, don’t know why. Read the full list here.
3. Life in a cold Climate’s non-fiction list: non-fiction is close to my heart so I made several notes when reading this one. I understand the arguments for not reading Sapiens, I really do, but I will probably read it just because it is, and I’m paraphrasing, a broad strokes, bombastic macho thing that ignores everything that doesn’t agree with it. I like to make up my own mind despite having all of the confidence in Kate. And unlike Annikky and Kate I cannot apply eyeshadow at all. You can read the whole list here.
4. The booksatchel list of best reads so far in 2017: of the books mentioned in this post The bear and the nightingale is the one I’m most curious about but it will have to wait until winter because anything remotely related to Russia is better read when there is snow on the ground. You can find the list here.
5. Tea with Darcy round up of best reads: Landfalls is high on my list. This vlog-post was the final nudge I needed to start the process of getting my hands on a copy. See it here.
6. The Jen Campbell round-up of best books so far; I don’t watch a lot of booktubers and but Jen is one of them and she has a lot of good suggestions. Mostly her poetry picks intrigue me and then Girls will be girls because feminism is everything. See the video here.
7. Not an actual list; @theartfulelle posted a pic of her TBR-pile(or some of it) and everything in it seems like something I want to read, or rather I few things already are and so I made a note of the rest as our tastes often coincide. See it here.