Spring has sprung. Well, not really but it is April 1st and while the weather is a joke my determination to live life like winter is behind us is not. I am truly running a fool’s errand.
So what will be the themes of Spring 2017? Florals can be assumed, a certain amount of pastels too(although pink coats has been THE trend up here this winter). As some of my most beloved clothes are falling apart, and I haven’t had time to sew new things of the fabrics I have I will just list a few of my most likely accessories.
- Augustus by John Williams; Rereading The secret history and reading S.P.Q.R by Mary Beard before that has really put me in a “Roman empire state of mind”, and this book has been on my TBR since last year. It reminds me a bit of The memoirs of Hadrian by Marguerite Yourcenar, which I love. I’m not saying books should be thought of as accessories,I’m just saying I very often have one in my hand.
- My little “Airmail”-wallet from &other stories; as soon as I saw this I knew I needed to have it. I love classic Airmail and I actually needed a new wallet.
- L’ombre dans l’eau from Diptyque; This fresh and floral scent with blackcurrant leaves and Bulgarian rose is one of my all time faves and this time of year I reach for it instinctively. I think it has a lovely greenness to it; I’ve said more then once that the smell reminds me of the front yard of the house I grew up in.
- Wayfarer-ish glasses; as I’ve pointed out before I don’t buy expensive sunglasses because I keep losing them. But the Wayfarer model from Ray- Ban is one that everyone recognizes and while I will never buy a pair of fake Ray-bans I have bought the H&M version. It’s a model I like but when it comes to sunglasses I do switch it up. Aviators look so good in the middle of summer.
- Luciano by Tom Ford; I do love a red lip but the exact shade of red does change from season to season. This one, which was a gift, has just enough pink in it so leaves my lips a lovely shade that feels just right (wearing it in this pic actually).
- A t-shirt with the words “Beauty is terror”; again, rereading The secret history had a major impact. The words “beauty is terror” is from a lecture they have in the beginning. This t-shirt has since had the sleeves chopped off. Will use it loads( a surprising number of people look at me and nod approvingly; a lot of fans out there).
- Stan Smiths; nothing says “springtime” like white sneakers. Smiths are my kicks of choice but to each one their own; I don’t like Converses myself but understand people’s loyalty to them.
A few things mentioned in this post;